In this edition of Locks, Etc, we discuss something we feel is pretty important, carbon monoxide safety. First of all, carbon monoxide is not confused with carbon dioxide, the gas we breathe out daily. Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas that is poisonous to humans in concentrations above 70 parts per million (ppm). It is often produced by fuel-burning appliances such as gas furnaces in residential spaces. In the case of improperly ventilated or serviced fuel-burning appliances, it can produce poisonous concentrations. High concentrations of Carbon Monoxide can also be associated with using gas generators, burning charcoal, and outdoor fuel-burning appliances in enclosed spaces.
What Can You Do to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
It’s pretty simple, get a carbon monoxide detector. Carbon monoxide detectors work by monitoring the concentration of carbon monoxide in a given space. Usually, they monitor up to about 35 ppm of carbon monoxide and will beep to warn of unsafe levels. It’s important to test your carbon monoxide detector regularly to ensure that it is in working order.
If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector, you should definitely get one. Mr. Rekey Locksmith can install and also check your existing carbon monoxide detectors. If you’re a property manager, having and testing carbon monoxide detectors for your properties is a great way to ensure your tenants are safe. They will have peace of mind knowing they are not in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Give us a call at 1-888-Mr. Rekey (677-3539) or schedule your service online to have a carbon monoxide detector installed or tested at your residential property today!
exclusive and great information about a locksmith. Thanks for sharing the useful information for us. I really appreciate your ideas and information you have mention here. Thanks…